Our members join for many reasons, the main ones being:
- Finding excellent, locally knowledgable nannies and nanny-shares who are already plugged in to the social life and activities of the West Village and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Having a calendar full of carefully researched and up-to-date listing of free events for children and families, all conveniently located on one calendar. Bad weather? Quickly see what library events are available. We also include preschool admission events on our calendar.
- Local resources listings. Looking for a quick and comprehensive list of the recommended pediatricians, daycares, preschools, and activity classes in the area? We curate carefully researched and updated listings.
- Members have access to two discussion forums. These forums are monitored, so if you have any questions or issues, you can turn to the forum moderator for help.
- The PARENT TALK forum is our hive mind and the place to go to ask other parents for referrals, recommendations, announce parent-organized meet-ups, or to find or place your nanny. We try to keep our PARENT TALK board commercial-free.
- The CLASSIFIEDS forum is where you can buy or sell used or unwanted baby/kid/household related items, advertise your weekend house, give shoutouts to local classes and businesses, let others know about special deals or sales in the neighborhood. This is where members can promote classes etc.
- Want to access our old Big Tent forum filled with over 10 years of advice? Members can log in with a read-only membership. This forum will close at the end of 2018.
- You can select how you view the forums, either only by logging in and viewing them on the website, or you can choose to have an email digest delivered to your inbox, or have each individual message delivered to your inbox as it is posted.
To join, click the button below and fill out an application. After your application is reviewed, you will get an email in 1-5 days letting you know if you have been accepted. Once you are accepted, you then pay the $35 plus a new member fee of $10 to join for one year. At the end of the year, you are sent an email to remind you to renew. We do NOT automatically charge you to renew. We protect your privacy and do not share your info with 3rd parties, although we do send out occasional emails on behalf of our local sponsors.
- We want to maintain a safe atmosphere—if anyone contacts your in a way you find uncomfortable, please contact a moderator immediately.